Silco Shield® Fireblanket is designed to provide protection from the hazards of high heat, sparks and flame. Fireblanket protects continuously to 500°F (260 °C) and will withstand a molten splash at 2200°F (1200°C). Made of woven fiberglass yarns in a flexible substrate, it is then coated with a high-grade silicone rubber. Fireblanket is used to provide shielding for worker life safety as well as protection of equipment, hoses and other critical components.
Fireblanket Quick Reference
- Type E Fiberglass
- Silicone Elastomer Coating
Recommended Operating Temperature
- 500°F (260°C)
- 40" (1016mm) wide rolls, cut-to-length
- Transportation (Aerospace, Auto, Locomotive, Heavy Equipment)
- Welding & Metal Fabrication
- Metals, Iron & Steel
- Oil & Gas
- Welding/Brazing/Heat/Spark/Molten Splash Shield
- Hose and Cable Heat & Flame Protection
- Insulation/Heat Containment
- Custom lengths
- Hook & Loop Closure, Turnbuckles
Resistant to hydraulic fluids, lubricating oils, and fuels, fireblanket insulates against heat loss and hosing; helps protect employees from burns; and allows shielding of cables, hoses and equipment from splashes of molten metal and heavy sparks.
Davlyn fireblanket is available in standard sizes 40″ (1m) wide rolls and can be cut to length for custom applications. Hook & loop closure or metal turnbuckles are also available (please see Firesleeve with Hook & Loop Closure).