Fiberglass Blanket Overview
Silco Shield® Fire blanket is designed to provide protection from the hazards of high heat, sparks and flame. Industrial fire blankets protects continuously to 500°F (260 °C) and will withstand a molten splash at 2200°F (1200°C). This fiberglass blanket is made from woven yarns in a flexible substrate, it is then coated with a high-grade silicone rubber, making it perfect for a welding curtain. A fiberglass blanket is used to provide shielding for worker life safety as well as protection of equipment, hoses and other critical components.
Industrial Fire Blankets Quick Reference
- Type E Fiberglass
- Silicone Elastomer Coating
Recommended Operating Temperature
- 500°F (260°C)
- 40" (1016mm) wide rolls, cut-to-length
- Transportation (Aerospace, Auto, Locomotive, Heavy Equipment)
- Welding & Metal Fabrication
- Metals, Iron & Steel
- Oil & Gas
- Welding/Brazing/Heat/Spark/Molten Splash Shield
- Hose and Cable Heat & Flame Protection
- Insulation/Heat Containment
- Custom lengths
- Hook & Loop Closure, Turnbuckles
Fire blankets are made of high quality fiberglass, which can withstand high heat that acts like a shield. It is often used in industries such as welding, oil & gas, manufacturing, etc. Some quick references of the use for fiberglass blanket are given below:
Fiberglass Cloth Fireblankets for Heat and Fire Protection
Resistant to hydraulic fluids, lubricating oils, and fuels, our industrial fire blanket insulates against heat loss and hosing; helps protect employees from burns; and allows shielding of cables, hoses and equipment from splashes of molten metal and heavy sparks.
Fiberglass Blanket Can be Used as a Welding Curtain
Davlyn’s fiberglass blanket is available in standard sizes 40″ (1m) wide rolls and can be cut to length for custom applications. Hook & loop closure or metal turnbuckles are also available (please see Firesleeve with Hook & Loop Closure).
Certifications / Approvals / Standards
- ASTM E162
- RoHS Compliant
- REACH Compliant
- Does not contain chemicals listed under on California’s Safe Drinking Water & Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. Commonly known as Proposition 65 (Cal Prop 65).
- Conflict Material Free
- Asbestos Free