Knitted Basalt Rope Overview
Knitted Basalt Rope can be constructed in a variety of soft or dense forms, each providing unique physical characteristics and seal performance. Recommended for a continuous operating temperature of 1400°F/750°C, basalt rope provides an excellent thermal barrier. Compared to traditional fiberglass ropes basalt can provide enhanced temperature and abrasion resistance. Davlyn’s basalt ropes can be coated with different materials for varied applications.
Country of origin: U.S.A.
Manufactured in accordance with our ISO 9001:2015 certified quality management system
Knitted Basalt Rope Quick Reference
- Basalt fiber yarn
Recommended Operating Temperature
- 1/16” (1.6mm) through 4” (102mm)
- Power Generation
- Heat Containment
- Special bulk packaging available to maximize productivity/minimize waste
- Custom Coatings available
- Pressure Sensitive Adhesive
Knitted Basalt Rope
Knitted basalt ropes are designed and manufactured in both standard and custom sizes with enhanced temperature and abrasion resistance. The basalt ropes can be made into different forms and densities to create the best seal for your application. These basalt ropes can be coated with different materials for varied functions.
Certifications / Approvals / Standards
- REACH Compliant
- RoHS Compliant
- Does not contain chemicals listed under on California’s Safe Drinking Water & Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. Commonly known as Proposition 65 (Cal Prop 65)
- Conflict Material Free
- Asbestos Free