Aerospace Firesleeve Overview
Aerospace Grade Silco Sleeve® is designed to protect hoses, wires and cables from the hazards of intense heat and occasional direct flame. Firesleeve protects continuously to 500°F (260°C) and will withstand a molten splash at 2200°F (1200°C). Made of braided high-quality fiberglass yarns in a flexible substrate, it is then coated with a high-grade, fully-cured silicone rubber.
Resistant to hydraulic fluids, lubricating oils, and fuels, firesleeve insulates against energy loss in piping and hosing, protects employees from burns and provides flame and molten splash resistant protection for wires, hoses, and cables.
Aerospace Grade Silco Sleeve® allows qualified hose assemblies to pass AS1055E tested under stated flow and pressure conditions by meeting SAE AS1072F requirements.
Davlyn’s braided firesleeve is also MSHA accepted (MSHA IC-358/01) for use in underground mines.
Country of origin: U.S.A.
Manufactured in accordance with our ISO 9001:2015 certified quality management system.
Aerospace Grade Firesleeve Quick Reference
- Type E Fiberglass
- Silicone Elastomer Coating
- Braided (Aerospace Grade)
Recommended Operating Temperature
- 500°F (260°C)
- 1/4" (6.4mm) through 5" (127mm)
- Transportation (Aerospace, Auto, Locomotive, Heavy Equipment)
- Metals & Mining
- Hose Fabrication
- Oil & Gas
- Hose and Cable Heat & Flame Protection
- Insulation/Heat Containment
- Special bulk packaging to maximize productivity/minimize waste
- Colors (Blue, Green, Yellow, Black, Grey, Red)
- Custom printing layline (logo, brand, part number, etc.)
Certifications / Approvals / Standards
- MSHA IC-358/01 - Accepted for Use in Underground Mines
- EN 45545-2 R22/HL3 and R23/HL3
- BS 6853 - British Superseded by EN45545-2
- DIN 5510 part 2 - German Superseded by EN45545-2
- NF F 16-101 - French Superseded by EN45545-2
- UNI CEI 11170-3- Italian Superseded by EN45545-2
- SAE AS1072F
- SAE AS1055E
- ASTM D-578
- ASTM D-581
- UL 94
- UL 1441
- UL 1581
- REACH Compliant
- RoHS Compliant
- Does not contain chemicals listed under on California’s Safe Drinking Water & Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986. Commonly known as Proposition 65 (Cal Prop 65)
- Conflict Material Free
- Asbestos Free