High-temperature and heat resistant silicone rubber coated fiberglass helps protect equipment and individuals in extreme commercial and industrial environments where thermal heat protection is necessary.
Products manufactured with premium quality fiberglass and silicone rubber are both non-flammable and self-extinguishing. High-temperature thermal heat protection products are used in a number of industries including Aerospace, Automotive, Locomotive, Heavy Equipment, Metals, Iron & Steel, Hose Fabrication, Welding and Metal Fabrication, Oil & Gas, and OEM. Davlyn Manufacturing Co. produces high-quality firesleeves and fireblankets from fiberglass and silicone.
A firesleeve protects all classes of hoses, wires, and cables. A fireblanket receives a thick coating of self-extinguishing silicone rubber that withstands liquid metal splash, flame, slag, sparks, and other hazards in the toughest of industrial environments.
Davlyn Silco™ silicone-coated fiberglass firesleeves and fireblankets have become an industry standard. Some thermal heat protection applications of fiberglass and silicone products are:
- Hose and cable heat and flame protection
- Insulation and heat containment
- Welding, heat, spark, and molten splash shield
- Employee/personnel safety
How exactly do fiberglass and silicone work together for thermal heat protection?
- Equipment: Using fiberglass and silicone together protects hydraulic hoses, lines, cables and wiring, and other critical components from the hazards of intense heat, sparks, and direct flame. Molten metal splashes are deflected at 2200°F (1200°C) while providing constant heat protection up to 500°F (260°C). The materials are resistant to hydraulic fluids, fuels, lubricating oil, and water. A braided firesleeve provides a high level of protection in critical areas potentially exposed to intense fire conditions (ex. an oil line inside of an engine compartment). A knitted firesleeve is commonly used in industrial applications for hose and cable protection. A fireblanket also shields cables, hoses and equipment from splashes of molten metal and heavy sparks.
- Durability: Fiberglass and silicone produce a lightweight and highly flexible product. The materials will not melt, burn, or combust. An added benefit is the absence of toxic smoke emissions. Using firesleeves with a hook and loop closure feature allows installation in-situ. This heavy-duty industrial sleeving can be easily retrofitted into existing systems and in tight spaces. Fireblankets are resistant to ozone, abrasions, oxygen, light, and weather aging.
- Safety: The combination of fiberglass and silicone in firesleeves and fireblankets protects individuals against burns. Because of their enhanced heat and flame protection, fireblankets are used to provide shielding for worker life safety, especially in welding or fabrication.
Davlyn Manufacturing Co., LLC, is the premier U.S.-based manufacturer of high-temperature thermal heat protection products. With a history of innovation supported by numerous technology patents, Davlyn has become a thermal solutions leader across commercial and industrial markets since its founding in 1980.
When you have a thermal challenge, our goal is to provide the best product with the minimum lead time. If we don’t already have it as a standard product in our extensive inventory, our vertically integrated team works with you using our Davlyn 4D Process (Discover, Design, Develop, Deliver) to create it! We bring more than 100 years of Textile, Mechanical and Chemical Engineering experience with over 35 years of Manufacturing expertise to collaborate as members of your team.
Contact us at 610-948-5050 or via our website to discuss your thermal heat protection needs.